In addition to sending messages or holding video calls, you can also send files to collaborators in Skype for Business. You can quickly send a copy of a file to another user. You can also initiate a co-authoring session in Skype for Business. All collaborators on a call can open the same document in the Office web apps and make changes together at the same time.
- [Speaker] There are two ways to share files…with other people during a Skype…for Business meeting or instant message.…You can send a copy of a file…as if you were sending an e-mail attachment…or you can start a co-authoring session.…These features, for the most part, are Window's only,…though, you can receive an invitation to co-author…if your using Skype for Business on a Mac.…First, let's look at how to just send a file.…This is the one that only works in Windows.…I want to start with a text-based instant message.…To do that, I can double click…on somebody here in my contacts.…
I could write a message,…and this is where I can type messages back…and forth with this person.…Now, I want you to notice that…there is a paperclip icon here in the text field.…Very similar to what you might click on…to send an e-mail attachment.…I can use that to send a file,…but first, we're looking at the instant message interface.…What if I was in an audio or a video call?…Let's see that.…I'm going to close this window and I'll just start…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc. This course is intended for end users of Office 365 Business or Enterprise, not Office 365 Home or Student users.
- Understanding the types of Office 365 accounts
- Managing collaborative conversations with Teams
- Working in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Touring the interface in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Working with formatting tools
- Co-authoring documents from OneDrive or SharePoint
- Sharing files and co-authoring in Skype for Business