Where do you make video calls? Learn about the importance of a professional setting and attire here.
- Now that you're working from home, … you're probably going to have lots of opportunities … to do video calls and you want to be ready. … You want to have a specific place in your home … where you do video calls. … Now, you don't need to go build a studio per se, … but what you should do is make sure … that you have a really nice bookshelf … or just a plain background that you can sit in front … of when you're going to do video calls. … You also want to invest in proper lighting. … 50 to a hundred bucks on Amazon … will get you anything you need to light up your space. … You also want to make sure … that you have a quality microphone … so that people can hear you. … If you have noise canceling earbuds, … that should be more than enough, … if it's got a microphone to be your mic … for your conference calls. … You can also invest in a standalone mic, … but you really might not need that. … The point is is that you want to be professional, … you want to be dressed, and oh, by the way, please wear pants. …
This course was created by genconnectU. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Setting up a great workspace
- Keeping a routine
- Using video chat
- Scheduling breaks
- Professional video conferencing
- Communicating with etiquette and care
- Staying focused
- Setting boundaries
- Working from home with kids
- Working from home as a manager
Skill Level Beginner
Time Management: Working from Homewith Dave Crenshaw1h 25m Intermediate
Establishing Work from Home Policieswith Mike Gutman28m 3s Intermediate
1. What You Need
Getting the proper equipment2m 45s
2. Starting Your Day and Scheduling
3. Professionalism, Etiquette, and Communication Online
4. Healthy Practices for Staying Focused
5. Working from Home with Kids
6. Working-from-Home Tips for Managers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.