In this video, learn about the importance of having a dedicated space.
- When it comes to selecting a workspace, … a quiet room with a door … with a window that brings in natural light really is best. … But you also want to make your office comfortable, … maybe add some flowers or bring in a plant. … Maybe you might like to use a diffuser … where you use lavender or peppermint oils … to give it a great smell. … No matter what it is, you just want to make sure … it's a dedicated space and that you make it your own. … Maybe throw up a couple of pictures. … If you've never had an office in your home before, … you want to make sure that you send a signal to everyone … that this is your dedicated workspace … and that they need to keep out. … …
This course was created by genconnectU. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Setting up a great workspace
- Keeping a routine
- Using video chat
- Scheduling breaks
- Professional video conferencing
- Communicating with etiquette and care
- Staying focused
- Setting boundaries
- Working from home with kids
- Working from home as a manager
Skill Level Beginner
Time Management: Working from Homewith Dave Crenshaw1h 25m Intermediate
Establishing Work from Home Policieswith Mike Gutman28m 3s Intermediate
1. What You Need
Getting the proper equipment2m 45s
2. Starting Your Day and Scheduling
3. Professionalism, Etiquette, and Communication Online
4. Healthy Practices for Staying Focused
5. Working from Home with Kids
6. Working-from-Home Tips for Managers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.