Join Nick Brazzi for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up Home Sharing, part of Learning Apple TV.
- Home sharing is an extremely easy net working feature…that allows the Apple TV to connect to computers…and other devices.…The main appeal is that home sharing will let you stream…music and video from your iTunes library on…your computer to the Apple TV.…So first let's set this up on the Apple TV.…I'm going to go into settings.…Then I'm going to go into accounts.…And I'm looking for this option labeled home sharing.…I'll click on that, I'll choose turn on home sharing…and then I'll need to confirm the Apple ID that I'm…going to use.…
Now usually you use the same Apple ID that you use…for the iTunes store.…In this case, I would just hit use this Apple ID and I'm…all set.…If you use a different Apple ID for home sharing…which is unusual.…You could choose use a different Apple ID and type…that in.…So for now, I'm going to stick with use this Apple ID.…The important thing here is that you choose one Apple ID…to log into home sharing and you use that account on…the Apple TV and on your computers to log into home sharing.…
- Setting up an Apple ID or iCloud account on an Apple TV
- Setting up Home Sharing
- Using the remote and searching with Siri
- Buying and downloading apps, movies, and music
- Managing storage space on an Apple TV
- Setting up parental controls
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 04/14/2016. What changed?
A: we updated four tutorials to cover changes to bluetooth keyboards and devices, Siri, photo viewing, and new interface features in the Apple TV OS (v9.2). Nick also recorded one new video, "Using voice dictation to input text," which shows how to use Siri remote to make it easier to type and search.