Leaders must set the tone for their team on what is and is not acceptable behavior. In this video, learn what you need to do to set the tone on accountability.
- It's important to understand what accountability is … and how it drives behavior. … Accountability is an external force … that lets somebody know there are rewards or consequences … for meeting or failing to meet their obligations. … Leaders must set the tone on accountability. … Failure to do so will cause poor performance. … People won't deliver. … And you can create morale issues for your team … if you're not holding people accountable. … You'll have high performers … who will look at the low performers … who aren't being held accountable, … and they'll get frustrated. … They're going to say, "I'm performing well, … "and that person is failing. … "They're not being held accountable, … "so I don't need to either." … Or they're going to get frustrated … and just go to another team. … And when this happens, … you lose the respect of your team members. … Accountability is what gets people to focus on and deliver … what's important to the organization. … And if you do it well, people will behave this way, …
- Define accountability.
- Compare and contrast accountability and responsibility.
- Identify ways a leader can model accountability.
- Explain how to define accountability for a team.
- List examples of consequences for failing to deliver.
- Describe how to strengthen a brand by establishing and reinforcing a culture of accountability.