Join Nick Brazzi for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting the screen saver, part of Up and Running with Apple TV.
- If you leave a static image…sitting on a television screen for a long time,…for certain types of TVs, it can damage the picture quality…for future use.…Fortunately, the Apple TV has both a screensaver,…and a sleep timer built in.…They're both turned on by default,…but you can make some adjustments to them.…First, let's look at the screensaver.…So I'm going to go to Settings, into the General section,…and then down to this option for Screensaver.…This is how it looks on the 4th Generation Apple TV.…
On the 3rd Generation Apple TV,…the screensaver settings are one of the Main Menu items…when you first go into Settings.…It's not under the General category.…So the rest of the set-up from here…is pretty much the same with a few small differences…between the two.…So this is set to turn the screensaver on…after five minutes, which is the default.…I could leave it set to five minutes,…or I could click here and change that.…And I could choose a different amount of time.…If you want the screensaver to click on sooner,…
- Setting up an Apple ID or iCloud account on an Apple TV
- Setting up Home Sharing
- Using the remote and searching with Siri
- Buying and downloading apps, movies, and music
- Managing storage space on an Apple TV
- Setting up parental controls
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 04/14/2016. What changed?
A: we updated four tutorials to cover changes to bluetooth keyboards and devices, Siri, photo viewing, and new interface features in the Apple TV OS (v9.2). Nick also recorded one new video, "Using voice dictation to input text," which shows how to use Siri remote to make it easier to type and search.