In this video, Phil Gold discusses the importance of having clearly defined goals and priorities for a team. Learn why having clear goals for a remote team are important and how they can be made better with collaborative team input.
- In this last section of the course, … I want to dive deeper into some specific actions that can have … a major impact on team cohesion and performance. … Thing number one I'd like to address … is making sure that you set very clear goals and priorities … for your team. … Now this is always important, of course. … But I think it's even more so, with a remote workforce. … Probably the easiest way to achieve this … is to make sure that you always communicate fully … with the whole team, what these priorities are. … Use your regular meetings to recap frequently, … and give lots of opportunity … for people to share any challenges. … Now you may be thinking … that it's okay to communicate with smaller groups … when the whole team isn't involved … in a specific project or deliverable. … I'd actually advise against that myself. … I think it's better to share with the whole team … for a couple of reasons. … Reason one, it avoids creating subsets within the team. … When having smaller group discussions might be acceptable …
- Providing consistency and structure in a remote team
- Managing mixed remote and onsite teams
- Fostering equality and transparency
- Creating opportunities for in-person interactions
- Maintaining regular contact with remote team members
- Managing workloads and deliverables