This video shows how to set the default theme in Keynote so you can avoid having to pick your favorite theme each time you create a new presentation.
- [Instructor] By default, any time you start up Keynote…and choose to create a new document,…you're presented with the theme chooser,…and from here you can browse through…and pick the theme you wanna use for your presentation.…Maybe I'll double click this one called Artisan.…And there it is.…But if you often use the same theme…for all of your presentations,…it can get tedious to have to manually select it…each time you start a new presentation.…Fortunately, it's very easy to set a default theme…in Keynote so that all new presentations…use the theme of your choice.…
Start by going to Keynote Preferences,…make sure the General tab is selected,…and here at the top you'll find the…For New Documents section.…Notice the default here is Show Theme Chooser.…Let's switch that to Use Theme,…and it currently says Gradient here.…I'll click Change Theme to select a different one.…I'll just select this Artisan one again.…You can see it now says Use Theme Artisan.…I'll close Preferences.…
I'll just close this presentation,…but now any time I choose File, New,…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Adding calculations to tables
- Saving custom styles
- Matching colors with the Color Picker
- Animating objects on a single slide
- Using Magic Move between slides
- Skipping slides for shorter presentations
- Controlling the presentation with an iPhone or iPad
- Recording your slideshow