You know you're working, but do the people around you know? Find out how to set boundaries in your home office in this segment.
- When you work from home, you might be surprised, … but not everyone is going to think you are working. … So you want to set very clear boundaries … with your friends and family, … because there's lots of distractions around here. … Some of them live with you and some of them are just a phone … call away, but your time is money. … So you want to be very clear … with your children and your spouse, … that if they come and your door is shut to your home office, … that means you're working and you can't be disturbed. … The same thing about phone calls. … We've got a friend or let's say your mom … calls you every day, … tell them to call you after your business hours. … Or if you do take a call, keep it to 10 minutes. … You want to make sure that you stay focused on what you have … to do, and that you always stay on task. … And taking a bunch of phone calls from distractions is not … the right way to do that. … So just set boundaries and let people know … when you're working. … …
This course was created by genconnectU. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Setting up a great workspace
- Keeping a routine
- Using video chat
- Scheduling breaks
- Professional video conferencing
- Communicating with etiquette and care
- Staying focused
- Setting boundaries
- Working from home with kids
- Working from home as a manager
Skill Level Beginner
Time Management: Working from Homewith Dave Crenshaw1h 25m Intermediate
Establishing Work from Home Policieswith Mike Gutman28m 3s Intermediate
1. What You Need
Getting the proper equipment2m 45s
2. Starting Your Day and Scheduling
3. Professionalism, Etiquette, and Communication Online
4. Healthy Practices for Staying Focused
5. Working from Home with Kids
6. Working-from-Home Tips for Managers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.