Learn about how to use social media without it becoming a distraction.
- Social media is a powerful tool. … It can help you grow your career, … it can help you reconnect with long-lost friends. … It has a tremendous impact on your focus … and focus is the name of the game … when it comes to effective time management. … So we want to use social media carefully … and find balance in our life. … I'm going to share with you a few tips … to get the most out of social media … but not be distracted by it. … Number one is understand the purpose for which you're there. … Each social media site, LinkedIn, Facebook, … has a different purpose. … For instance, if you walk into the LinkedIn room, … you're there to build your career. … If you walk into the Facebook room, … you're there to connect with friends. … But often, people go into these rooms of social media sites … and lose their way. … They forget why they're there and it becomes distracting. … So before you open up one of these sites, … understand clearly what you're there to do, … that will you help you maintain focus. …
- Explain how social media can be used to improve focus and productivity.
- Define pinning.
- Examine techniques that will prevent reminders from being ignored.
- List three ways to back up data.
- Determine when it is useful to upgrade technology.