Create a workflow that automatically runs when a new item is added.
- [Instructor] SharePoint allows you to create an alert…when a new item is created in a list or a library.…So the first activity I'm going to take you through is…an improvement on that out-of-the box SharePoint feature.…Like Julie Andrews taught us in The Sound of Music,…we're going to start at the very beginning because…it's a very good place to start.…Here's a one-step work flow that sends a Thank You…email to the person who creates a new item in a list.…Go to calender and Nintex Workflow.…So if you don't see the Nintex Workflow up on the ribbon,…it's because you don't have full control of the list,…so that's the minimum permission needed for you…to be able to get into the…Nintex Workflow and forms designer.…
And we'll click new list workflow.…Now sending an email is there under user interaction,…but if you don't know that you can just start typing email…in this actions and you're just going to drag…and drop it over there.…The yellow yield sign with the exclamation point…just means that we need to configure it…
- Automating a workflow for manager approval
- Adding conditional branches to workflows
- Using variables and calculated dates
- Bringing external data into a workflow
- Reusing and moving workflows
- Creating and customizing a form
- Assigning field validation rules
- Using Nintex Forms
- Optimizing for mobile viewing
- Troubleshooting a suspended workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Managing Large Listswith Gini von Courter1h 18m Intermediate
SharePoint: Compliance Managementwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 25m Intermediate
Lightning Tools: Conductor Web Partwith Tiffany Songvilay52m 12s Advanced
1. Create an Approval Workflow
2. Add More Workflow Actions
3. Use Nintex Forms Designer
4. Monitor Your Workflows
Log to history list5m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.