- Defining manufacturing issues and players
- Using research and data to strategize the sale
- Positioning your sale as customer-focused
- Selling to multiple types of manufacturers
- Identifying and addressing urgent needs in complex sales
- Using storytelling and case studies
- Closing the deal
- Growing accounts into relationships
- Following up strategically
Skill Level Intermediate
- Manufacturing is part of the very fabric of our country, helping to grow the economy by generating productivity, providing jobs, stimulating research and development, and investing in the future of business. But it's an industry that can be challenging to sell into. The pace of change, the impact of technology combined with competition and regulation, makes selling complex. In fact, everything about selling into manufacturing is changing. And you have to ask yourself, are you prepared? I'm Meridith Elliott Powell, sales strategist and certified sales coach.
In this LinkedIn Learning course, we're gonna cover the skills and strategies you need to master selling into this fascinating industry. We'll look at how manufacturing is changing and what trends you need to understand to position yourself as an expert in the field. We'll talk about how to use data to make you more effective and efficient as a sales professional, and show you how to research sales enablement tools so you can select the ones that are the best fit for your sales needs.
We'll also talk about how to sell outcomes versus products, getting your customers to truly engage. And we'll cover the power of storytelling, case studies, and social proof when it comes to gaining a competitive advantage. My hope is you can use the skills you learn in this course to serve your customers better and take your sales career to the next level. Sound good, then join me as we take a closer look at selling into manufacturing.