- Government buying patterns: what, how, who, and when
- Prime contracting and subcontracting
- GSA schedules
- Federal and state contracts
- Developing a sales process
- Aligning your support teams
Skill Level Intermediate
- When you think of sales, you don't often think of the government. But this is a missed opportunity. Governments are one of the largest buyers in the world. In 2019 alone, the US Federal Government, state, and local government, and the education market was budgeted to spend over $4 trillion. That's about 21% of the gross domestic product. This market dominance isn't limited to the US. Across the globe, public sector markets provide lots of opportunity. In this course, we'll debunk a lot of the myths about government sales. We'll take you through step by step how to navigate procurement and contracts like GSA schedules, prime versus subcontracting, options, teaming, the open market, and much, much more. We'll unpack sales strategies to win government contracts. Government sales isn't a get-rich-quick system, but it's not an impossible jungle of red tape. I've been selling into this space and supporting reps for years. In my professional career, there are few things more rewarding than matching a business offering to an agency's mission critical. Don't let selling into the public sector intimidate you. With the right resources, a well-educated team, and some patience, you'll open the door to a whole new world of opportunities.