In order to improve as a team, you need to be open to feedback, new ideas, and constructive criticism. You also need to be aware of economic, global, market, and industry trends, and focused on lifelong learning. Some things to consider include, actively seeking out opinions and assumptions that differ from your own, becoming focused on broad lifelong learning in various areas and disciplines—not necessarily just your industry, and gather feedback constantly.
- Can you honestly say you frequently seek out opinions…and feedback that differ from your own?…It is not a skill many people practice,…because it can be uncomfortable.…What if you discover a point of view…that really challenges what you think…and what you're creating?…What will you do then?…The truth of the matter is, uncomfortable or not,…seeking out perspectives and views that challenge your own…is an essential part of innovation.…If you want to create the best product, service,…process or business,…you need to be able to not only take on other perspectives,…you need to take it upon yourself…to find these perspectives.…
Not only is it wise to actively seek opinions…that challenge your own,…as a team, it's beneficial to broaden your knowledge…by developing your awareness of economic,…global, market, and industry trends.…This is so important, as you may come across ideas,…technological advances, or global trends…that are outside of what you're working on,…but provide inspiration for your team.…Take, for example, the idea of digital transformation.…
- Recognize how team innovation impacts a company’s success.
- Define the psychological components of team innovation, including the challengers, executors, and enablers.
- Determine the component strengths of team innovation.
- Examine the best ways to accept bias.
- Explore the effect of experimentation on innovation.
- Recognize the impact of reflection on innovation.
- Identify the fundamentals of creating a space for an innovation team to thrive.
- Determine the best ways to create an innovation charter.
- Break down the importance learning on the move, which helps helps a successful team innovate to grow.