Join Lynda.com Staff for an in-depth discussion in this video Searching by author, part of How to use Lynda.com.
- View Offline
- As you watch videos at Lynda.com, you may find that you really connect with certain authors and their teaching styles, and you may like to sample other courses by that same author. If you're currently viewing one of the authors' courses, just click on his or her name in the Overview section. Doing so takes you to that author's page where you can read a brief biography and browse the list of all the courses by that author. This list can be sorted by the course release date, or you sort it by the course title, A to Z or Z to A.
You can also look at the page in the basic view, but the default is the detailed view. From the author page, you can also choose to follow that author by selecting the Follow button next to their name. This will create a new section on your home page where you can see updates from this author, like when a new course is released by them, it will show up here in this feed. If you don't want to follow this author anymore, just click Following to unfollow. If you're not already on a course page but you know the author's name that you want to search for, you can type it directly into the search bar up here in the navigation area.
Press Enter or Return on your keyboard or click the search icon. Authors' names will appear at the top of the returned list of search results here. And again, clicking on the author's name will take you to the author's page. To see our complete list of all Lynda.com authors, go up to the Featured menu and choose Authors. From here, you can scroll through and browse the author list alphabetically by first name, or you can click on one of the letters up at the top to jump to a specific point.
And again, clicking on an author's name will take you to that author's page. And that's how you search by author.
First, find out about the types of videos we offer at Lynda.com, including in-depth software training, first looks at up-and-coming technology trends, courses to help you develop critical business skills, techniques for creative pros, and inspirational documentaries. Then get a demo of special library features such as bookmarks, playlists, notes, transcripts, certificates of completion, and FAQs, and learn where to turn for help when you need it. Plus, find out how to access Lynda.com on the go, using our mobile apps and offline viewing capabilities.
- Choosing a membership plan
- Finding the latest releases
- Downloading and using exercise files
- Searching the video transcripts
- Choosing the right video player
- Creating and sharing playlists
- Taking notes
- Printing and sharing certificates of completion
- Updating your member profile
- Changing or canceling your membership plan
- Contacting customer support