In sales, you need to be ready to analyze each customer's unique situation and tailor a solution. In this video, watch a role play and see how a sales consultant thinks on his feet to create a solution that's the perfect fit for his customer. After the scenario, Meridith breaks down what techniques he uses to solve his customer's problem as a true consultant, rather than just an order taker.
- To me, sales is like a puzzle.…You start with a few pieces, your products and services,…and then you engage with a customer and you get a few more.…The details of their businesses, their biggest challenges,…and a few of their opportunities.…Now, your goal is to find a way…to fit the pieces you have together,…so you can ultimately solve the puzzle and make the sale.…But to solve this puzzle, you need a framework.…You can think of this framework…like the edges of the puzzle.…It's gonna make putting all the pieces together…a lot easier.…
So what exactly is the framework?…Well, it's your critical thinking…and problem solving skills.…You can have all the product knowledge in the world,…but if you can't think your way through…how to use those resources to solve customer problems,…you'll never really add value and personalize the sale.…I know, sales would be so easy if every customer…had the same problems, but you know that's not the case.…Every customer, even those within the same industry,…has a different story, a different set of challenges,…
- What are soft skills?
- Why soft skills matter in sales
- Connecting with your customer
- Developing your emotional intelligence for sales
- Collaborating effectively with your team
- Being confident in your sales decisions
- Building your empathy muscle in sales
- Integrating soft sales skills with hard sales skills
- Leveraging storytelling in sales