Early on in social selling, many organizations informally align marketing and sales teams until a strategic formal alignment process is put in place at the management level. In the informal phase, marketing and sales have their own metrics and are not connected in a meaningful way. Learn how to connect marketing and sales metrics to have one view of the customer journey.
- At some point, you've probably had a terrible … experience with customer service. … Think about it, the first things I think of … are airlines, insurance providers, … and cell phone service operators. … But most companies have a pretty … frustrating customer journey. … Why, because they haven't taken the time … to understand their customers. … A recent study showed that when companies … know their customers, and focus their sales process on them, … they see about an 8% better win rate. … Over time, that increase is going to lead … to a big revenue improvement, … so here's how to make that happen. … First, know your customers so well … that you can design a social selling program around them. … Do you know them as well as your spouse or best friend? … If the answer is no, then you have some work to do. … Most people I worked with develop a firm understanding … of their customer at a surface level, … but haven't taken the time to understand them … at a much deeper level. … Let's imagine you're selling shoes to shoe store owners. …
- Benefits of social selling
- Optimizing social selling by creating specific goals
- Building relationships with customers
- Setting up sales benchmarks and sales scorecards
- Measuring the right KPIs
- Reporting on ROI