- Let's talk about the difference between sort by and sort. … We've got movies, directors, movie ratings. … We see that movie 101 has seven one-star ratings … and 51 four-star ratings … and it comes out to 2.93 stars. … We would like to capture the movie titles … and sort em by the best one to the worst one. … And we only want the titles, we don't want anything else. … So let's do that with sort by. … Equals. … Sort by. … And what is the array that I want to sort? … I want to sort the movies … because that's all I want in my final result. … Sort it by what? … Comma. … We want to sort it by the average. … Comma. … We want to sort descending. … We want the biggest number up top. … So let's put in negative one, … closed parentheses, … enter. … Peacocks From Neptune has the highest average score. … Now how is that different from just plain sort? … Let's go here. … Equals sort. … Open parentheses. … It's asking for an array. … This is what we want to sort. … Now it's asking for an index. …
AuthorOz du Soleil
- Working with spills
- Using the UNIQUE function
- Sorting with dynamic arrays
- Comparing SORTBY and SORT
- Unstacking records with SEQUENCE
- Creating intelligent filters
- Randomizing data with RANDARRAY
- Combining dynamic arrays in drop lists and more
Skill Level Advanced
1. What to Know Before Using the New Functions
Warnings to heed6m 19s
Horizontal SORT3m 33s
9. Putting It All Together
10. Challenges and Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.