- The columns in our membership list … have gotten all out of order somehow. … We've got the First Name, … then the Membership instead of the Last Name. … This is all messed up. … We're going to use Sort By to fix this. … First, we're going to set this up. … We're going to go to B20, we want the First Name first, … so we're going to put 1. … And then, the Middle Initial, we want that second. … Last name, third. … Membership, fourth, … and then the Birthdate, fifth. … Now, let's go up here in column J, … this is where the magic is going to happen. … But first, I noticed that 5 has turned into a date. … Let's go back down here and fix that. … That should just be a 5. … So, I'm going to turn that into a number. … Get rid of those decimal points. … (computer beep) … Okay, back here to J. … Equals, sort by, open parenthesis. … What are we sorting? … We're going to sort the headers and everything. … Highlight all of this. … What are we sorting this by? … Comma, we're sorting it by this row. …
AuthorOz du Soleil
- Working with spills
- Using the UNIQUE function
- Sorting with dynamic arrays
- Comparing SORTBY and SORT
- Unstacking records with SEQUENCE
- Creating intelligent filters
- Randomizing data with RANDARRAY
- Combining dynamic arrays in drop lists and more
Skill Level Advanced
1. What to Know Before Using the New Functions
Warnings to heed6m 19s
Horizontal SORT3m 33s
9. Putting It All Together
10. Challenges and Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.