- [Instructor] Single is one of the new functions … that have been brought to us with dynamic arrays … and the new calculation engine. … Now I'm going to cover this briefly, show you what it does, … but this really is for maybe the seven people … in the whole wide world who use what's called … implicit intersection in Excel. … It's for backward compatibility for any formulas … that they've already written. … Here we've got expense data and somebody use an implicit … intersection, say if they wrote a formula here, they would … expect to see 29 if they're taking advantage of implicit … intersection. … Because of the new calculation engine, watch what happens. … Equals and then I want the amount Enter. … It's giving me that whole column, but if I am somebody who … is trying to take advantage of implicit intersection, … I need to wrap this formula in Single, so let's do that. … Single open parentheses go the end close parentheses Enter. … There's the 29. … And if I go here, equals Single open parentheses, …
AuthorOz du Soleil
- Working with spills
- Using the UNIQUE function
- Sorting with dynamic arrays
- Comparing SORTBY and SORT
- Unstacking records with SEQUENCE
- Creating intelligent filters
- Randomizing data with RANDARRAY
- Combining dynamic arrays in drop lists and more
Skill Level Advanced
1. What to Know Before Using the New Functions
Warnings to heed6m 19s
Horizontal SORT3m 33s
9. Putting It All Together
10. Challenges and Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.