Author Justin Valley explores the SAP production planning module (SAP PP). He looks at how the SAP ERP handles planning manufacturing processes.
- Let's look at the SAP Production Planning,…or, the SAPP module.…This module is used to help plan the manufacturing…for sales and distribution of products.…SAP PP has the ability to handle businesses…that have both repetitive manufacturing models…where they manufacture products,…stays the same over a long period of time,…and discrete production models.…Basically, order based production…where the product can change often.…Four of the major aspects of the SAP Production Planning…are, the bill of materials, routings, capacity planning,…and materials requirement planning.…
Let's look first at the bill of materials.…The bill of materials is often called the BOM in SAP.…It is a complete inventory of the raw materials, assemblies,…and other components needed to manufacture a product.…Essentially, a bill of materials is…the ingredients list part of a recipe.…Let's take a look at a BOM in the system.…This is a screen shot of a bill of material…for a material coded as FIN 50, fast moving.…We see that there are three line items,…
- Benefits and limitations of SAP ERP
- Exploring the different SAP modules
- SAP security roles
- Menu tree and transaction code navigation
- Searching for data and using wildcards
- SAP basic reporting
- Editing SAP report layouts
- Printing and exporting reports
Skill Level Beginner
SharePoint Workflow Automation: Nintexwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 15m Intermediate
SharePoint: Site Customizationwith Bill Kulterman55m 54s Intermediate
Business Collaboration in the Modern Workplacewith Phil Gold1h 33m Intermediate
Understanding SAP ERP1m 5s
1. Overview of SAP
2. Exploring SAP Modules
3. SAP End-User Base Navigation
4. SAP Basic Reporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.