This video features risk response approaches and examples from several project scenarios.
- Have you ever walked into a room,…flipped on the light switch,…and nothing happens?…You end up stumbling around, disoriented,…trying to find a light source…so you can see what you're doing.…Unfortunately, that type of thing…happens often when risk response sessions…don't yield the proper results.…A risk occurs, you invoke a response plan…you and your team have agreed upon,…and nothing happens.…The risk still proceeds to impact your project…and you stumble around looking for other solutions.…
You can avoid this unfortunate fate…by being aware of certain real-world occurrences.…Here are a few to look out for.…You proceed without agreement.…While you discuss and write down a response…to a risk, your team doesn't fully agree.…This could be because they have not thought…of something better, they don't believe…the risk will actually occur,…or they don't believe they'll be responsible…for implementing the response solution.…Ensure you poll your critical team members…and confirm that they agree…each risk response is doable…
Note: This course follows the latest guidance from Project Management Institute, Inc., as outlined the PMBOK® 6 Guide.
- Explore why dealing with risks needs to be part of the everyday process used to manage a project.
- Learn to outline the most common, pragmatic approaches to identifying risks specific to a project.
- Recall methods for qualifying and quantifying your risks to determine specific risks and manage their costs.
- Examine the primary considerations for a project risk plan and what components should be included in every plan.
- Assess techniques that help you identify the overall risk a project presents to your business.
- Examine several risk analysis and filtering examples that help ensure you've addressed individual risks properly on your project.