This video discusses how risk management fits into the regular status meeting, status reporting, and other reporting processes that comprise a sound project management approach for your project.
- I once had the hair-raising task…of taking 12 kids camping.…Getting everyone's attention,…then successfully communicating when I was needing them…to hear was one of the biggest challenges of my life.…You wouldn't think communicating something…on a project would be as difficult…as working with those kids.…However, communicating something as comprehensive…as the risk on your project can be a far-reaching…and tedious task.…Incorporating risk management…into your regular reporting approach is a great way…to bring your risk management to light…and keep a bit of balance in your own life.…
Here are some tips to do that.…First and foremost, put a risk section…in your regular status report.…Discuss what you've accomplished,…deadlines you might have missed,…and risk mitigation tasks you're going to be tackling…in the next reporting period.…Status reporting should be concise,…consistent, and frequent.…So should your references to risk.…Documenting risks in your status report…ensures you're communicating the risk to your project team,…
Note: This course follows the latest guidance from Project Management Institute, Inc., as outlined the PMBOK® 6 Guide.
- Explore why dealing with risks needs to be part of the everyday process used to manage a project.
- Learn to outline the most common, pragmatic approaches to identifying risks specific to a project.
- Recall methods for qualifying and quantifying your risks to determine specific risks and manage their costs.
- Examine the primary considerations for a project risk plan and what components should be included in every plan.
- Assess techniques that help you identify the overall risk a project presents to your business.
- Examine several risk analysis and filtering examples that help ensure you've addressed individual risks properly on your project.