In this video, Phil Gold talks about different ways of recognizing and rewarding remote employees. Learn some methods and important considerations for rewarding remote workers.
- So, like I say, treat everyone equally, … until it's time to treat people special. … No, I'm not contradicting myself. … Sometimes people will excel and when they do, … you want to recognize that, … but the key to this is in how you do it. … When a team member has a victory, the whole team has won … and the whole team should know … who and why they're celebrating. … Real life example with names changed … to protect the innocent, … Carol manages a team of two dozen document processors, … only four of whom are in the New England office. … The rest work remote, scattered throughout North America. … She also manages another ten people … who work out of an office in eastern Europe, … although their work is not connected … to the working being done in the West. … Carol's company has something called a High-Five Program. … Processors who excel are nominated for the award, … given a $25 gift card, and entered into … a monthly drawing for a bigger prize. … What's important is that all nominees …
- Providing consistency and structure in a remote team
- Managing mixed remote and onsite teams
- Fostering equality and transparency
- Creating opportunities for in-person interactions
- Maintaining regular contact with remote team members
- Managing workloads and deliverables