Find out why it's important to reward behaviors that produce results rather than effort and time spent working. Learn a two-step approach to accomplish this.
- Rewards drive behaviors and behaviors drive results. … In other words, you want to reward behaviors … that produce results, … rather than effort and time spent working. … I mean, look at it like this. … As a project manager, you're paid to deliver results, right? … Well, shouldn't you hold your vendors to the same standard? … Because when it's all said and done, … customers pay for results. … That's all that matters. … How can you make sure your vendors deliver? … Start by discussing your needs up front with vendors … and documenting them in writing. … This way, both you and your vendors are on the same page. … If issues arise later, and they will, … you can reference your earlier conversation. … Now, as good as this might sound, a lot of times, … you'll be under tight deadlines and other pressures. … It's times like these you'll be tempted to skip this process … or take a set it and forget it approach. … Listen to me, don't do it. … Although speed is a necessity, … you shouldn't cut corners in the process. …
- Defining procurement management
- Identifying the project manager’s role
- Tailoring procurement techniques for your organization
- Dealing with conflicts of interest
- Controlling procurements
- Implementing procurements in six stages
- Rapid procurement
- Reverse auctions
Skill Level Intermediate
Project Management Foundations: Integrationwith Oliver Yarbrough44m 25s Intermediate
Project Management Foundations: Scheduleswith Bonnie Biafore2h 7m Intermediate
Project Management Foundationswith Bonnie Biafore3h 20m Beginner
What to know before watching1m 27s
1. Procurement Management Overview
2. Common Procurement Pitfalls
3. Critical Procurement Success Factors
4. Procurement Management Processes
5. How to Implement Procurements
6. Emerging Trends: Project Procurement Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.