In a crisis communication review, you'll reconvene the crisis team to gather and analyze how well your crisis communication plan worked by using a separate assessment team. In this video, learn the seven steps for reviewing your response.
- After the crisis is over, you'll want to review … the actions and results of your communication response. … By looking at your team's actions, … you can discover what worked well, what didn't, … and how you can improve your response … in the event of another crisis. … In a crisis communication review, … you'll reconvene the crisis team to gather … and analyze the following information. … First, you'll note the exact time your team leader … first learned of the crisis … and when the crisis team convened. … This information gives you insights on how quickly … you can begin to work together. … Second, note what initially alerted your team … to the crisis. … Was it a spike in online mentions or did your switchboard … become suddenly overrun with phone calls? … Did someone pull a fire alarm … or did you see the report on TV? … Understanding these basic facts can help you learn … how quickly crisis information starts and spreads. … Third, gather all of the messages your team generated … surrounding the crisis, noting the time and date …
- Define crisis.
- Explain how to respond quickly and confidently.
- Identify different audiences in crisis.
- Assess technical and physical resources.
- Describe how to establish a chain of command.
- Develop hold statements.
- Identify how to avoid common crisis response mistakes.
- Review your crisis communication response.