When you're managing during a crisis, you must create plans and backup plans. In this video, learn how to define and implement contingency plans.
- It's important to think about and communicate in a way … that says, hey I'm not 100% sure what's going to happen. … This is what we think's going to happen. … And so, how can we prepare for that? … Well, one is know where information is … and keep your finger on the pulse. … Try to know what's going on. … Find out who are the experts in the room … and how do I get information from them. … Additionally, and this is really important, … find out what resources there are out there for you. … So in California we have organizations like … the Small Business Development Center … and other state and federal organizations we have access to … and as business owners, … find out who those are and who we can get information from. … Same kind of things goes for employees, … making sure they recognize and say, … I don't know what's going to happen, … but know that one of the potential things … is we're going to shut down. … So, I want you, just ahead of time, here are resources … for unemployment, insurance, et cetera. …
This course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- Adopting an approach to manage uncertainty
- Identifying resistance to change
- Developing tools for self-care
- Distinguishing fact from fiction
- Building decision-making skills
- Identifying how stress is handled
- Developing methods for communication
- Finding a new rhythm
- Evaluating personal finances
- Gaining new perspectives
Skill Level Intermediate
Lessons in Enlightened Leadershipwith genConnectU56m 50s Intermediate
1. Embracing the Change Around You
2. Understanding What Is Going On
The historical context1m 58s
3. Managing Stress
4. Evaluating the Financial Impact
5. Adjusting Your Approach
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.