Returns and reverse supply chains are becoming more important, as they help in keeping costs low, maximizing the amount of value that you can reclaim from returned products, and minimizing the risk of fraudulent returns. Remanufacturing can provide a profitable revenue stream and improve the sustainability of your entire supply chain.
- People are sometimes surprised…when they discover that supply chains don't end…when your products get delivered to a customer.…There are lots of situations where you need…to take a product back because your customer…doesn't want or need it, anymore.…How you design and manage your reverse supply chain…can have a big impact on your relationship…with your customers and on the…profitability of your business.…Let's look at those return processes…and exactly what makes them so challenging,…and so important for your supply chain.…
Let me set the stage for talking about reverse supply…chains by sharing a personal story.…I love doing projects around the house…and I hate being in the middle of a project,…and running out of paint or hardware.…So, when I go to the store, I buy all of the materials…I think I need and then I get a little bit extra.…When the project is done, I end up…with perfectly good materials left over,…and I take those back to the store for a refund.…
So, let's talk about why it's important…for the hardware store to manage…
- Explore the fundamentals of source inputs within a supply chain.
- Examine the role of returning products in a supply chain.
- Determine how to calculate total costs.
- Explore the role of investing in flexibility when managing a supply chain.
- Discover how to increase visibility with a control tower.
- Identify the role innovation plays in supply chain management.
- Examine how artificial intelligence and machine learning help to monitor supply chain trends.
- Break down the fundamentals of selecting the right technology when implementing a supply chain agenda.
- Determine the best ways to collaborate externally when implementing a supply chain agenda.