As a leader, you need to provide the resources your team needs to adhere to desired behaviors. In this video, learn how to define the resources critical to your team's success.
- Leaders are accountable to a lot of people, … including the members of their team. … They need to make sure that they provide the team … the resources they need to deliver on their own goals. … Those resources include time, money, … approval of initiatives, visibility with senior management, … support for whatever the initiative is, … knocking down obstacles. … A leader's job is to help the team be successful, … and it's unfair for that leader to ask for results … without giving the team the resources they need to succeed. … Leaders must also be held accountable … for setting their teams up to succeed … and need to face the same consequences … if they fail to deliver. … If the team fails, the leader has failed, … and incentives should follow. … Now, if the team succeeds, the leader has succeeded, … and everybody should get the right bonus … and reward that goes along with that performance. … Ultimately, a leader is going to build trust … between themselves and the members of the team …
- Define accountability.
- Compare and contrast accountability and responsibility.
- Identify ways a leader can model accountability.
- Explain how to define accountability for a team.
- List examples of consequences for failing to deliver.
- Describe how to strengthen a brand by establishing and reinforcing a culture of accountability.