Join John Ullmen for an in-depth discussion in this video Resilience, part of Executive Leadership.
- My friend Gary Palmer … is known as the father of the prepaid card, … credit cards with preset amounts loaded on them … to make specific types of purchases. … For example, a $30 gift card for Starbucks. … Gary had the original idea … long before these cards became widespread, … but he was young and inexperienced, … so he asked a retired executive to be CEO … and help him raise money for the venture. … After being told no in every way imaginable … he immediately replied, "I understand, … "but could I ask you to meet with me for a few short minutes … "and share some advice?" … Fast forward a few months, this individual, now Gary's CEO, … was with him in Silicon Valley raising money … and the rest is history. … Psychology research shows that people who interpret setbacks … as permanent, pervasive, and personal … tend to have much more difficulty … than those who do the opposite, … seeing failures as temporary, specific, and external. … Let's illustrate this with how Gary Palmer … might have applied each step. …
- The four disciplines of executive leadership
- Thinking strategically
- Creating shared purpose
- Inspiring confidence—even under pressure
- Motivating and communicating
- Establishing priorities and focus
- Leading change
- Developing yourself
Skill Level Advanced
1. Set a Direction
2. Motivate Commitment
3. Drive for Results
4. Develop Yourself
Leadership with legacy3m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.