This video shows how to remove unwanted background from images using the Instant Alpha feature in Keynote
- [Instructor] Keynote isn't really considered…to be a photo editing application, because it isn't,…but it does have a couple of cool,…although often overlooked tools…for adjusting and altering the appearance of your photos.…So on this slide I have two photos.…Both of these people are in front…of different colored background,…but maybe for my presentation I don't want them…in these rectangular boxes.…I want to have more room to play around…with the look and placement of the photos.…So it would be nice if I could remove them…from their backgrounds.…Now this is something you can do in a dedicated…image editing application, like say Adobe Photoshop,…but Keynote has a feature called Instant Alpha…that's specifically there for the purpose…of removing unwanted backgrounds.…
I'll select the image on the right here first,…and as you can see, this isn't a solid background,…but more of a gray gradient with dark and light areas.…And it wasn't always the easiest thing…to isolate a subject from a background like this,…but here in Keynote I'll come over to the Image tab,…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Adding calculations to tables
- Saving custom styles
- Matching colors with the Color Picker
- Animating objects on a single slide
- Using Magic Move between slides
- Skipping slides for shorter presentations
- Controlling the presentation with an iPhone or iPad
- Recording your slideshow