One of the most important things a leader can offer during a crisis is emotionally intelligent leadership. In this video, learn how to use your energy to build calm on your team during a crisis.
- As with everybody, I've got a lot on my mind. … You know, I've got a couple different areas that I work. … So with school and in teaching and as a professor, … trying to figure out how I can support … these students as well as I can … that are panicked about, are they even going to graduate? … Some of them are even trying to figure out … where they're going to live. … You know, I've got employees and in the restaurant industry … I don't know what's going to happen. … You know, as a consultant. … Recognizing that, what can I do to help my clients … and what can I do to support my community? … Again, I can control what I control … and I need to support those around me. … So for my students, getting them information … and letting them know that we'll do what we can. … I can't say it's going to be okay. … And we can't say, "Hey, everything's fine. … "Everything's going to be okay." … 'Cause we don't know that. … But what we can do is say, … "Here's what we're doing about it." … And so if we instead focus on, …
This course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- Adopting an approach to manage uncertainty
- Identifying resistance to change
- Developing tools for self-care
- Distinguishing fact from fiction
- Building decision-making skills
- Identifying how stress is handled
- Developing methods for communication
- Finding a new rhythm
- Evaluating personal finances
- Gaining new perspectives
Skill Level Intermediate
Lessons in Enlightened Leadershipwith genConnectU56m 50s Intermediate
1. Embracing the Change Around You
2. Understanding What Is Going On
The historical context1m 58s
3. Managing Stress
4. Evaluating the Financial Impact
5. Adjusting Your Approach
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.