You have to strengthen the desired behaviors in your team and reinforce them every single day. In this video, learn creative ways to share cultural values.
- It's not enough to just build a culture of accountability. … You have to strengthen it and reinforce it every single day. … This is about the small behaviors adding up … to that broader culture, and the organization is going … to behave in a manner based on what … it sees punished or rewarded. … If people see others covering things up … or laying blame, and see those people getting ahead, … and getting promoted even, then people are going … to behave in a manner consistent with that. … If on the other hand they see that people are stepping up … and accepting responsibility, … and those behaviors get rewarded, … and when people take responsibility for problems … and say they've made mistakes, … and that's held up by management as, … "This is great behavior," people will behave … that way as well. … You need to reinforce your culture every single day. … Look for creative ways to do so. … When I was a consultant, we had Firm Values Day. … We would take all of our consultants … off of client work for a full day, …
- Define accountability.
- Compare and contrast accountability and responsibility.
- Identify ways a leader can model accountability.
- Explain how to define accountability for a team.
- List examples of consequences for failing to deliver.
- Describe how to strengthen a brand by establishing and reinforcing a culture of accountability.