Learn how and why to reduce app interruptions to reduce lost time and minimize distraction.
- Your digital devices are amazing. … Smartphones, tablets, and computers give you millions … of powerful ways to work, play, and connect with people. … Unfortunately, with great power comes great distractibility. … Let's look at some things you can do have a healthier, … more productive relationship with technology. … First, ask yourself, … which apps give me necessary interruptions? … Your answer will likely be about four to five apps. … Some obvious choices are calendar, voicemail messages, … text messages, and maybe a chat app or two. … Maybe there's a company app that's essential for you to use. … Turn off notifications … for all the other nonessential apps and contact methods. … Few apps provide truly valuable pop-up notifications. … Whenever your device beeps or vibrates at you, stop. … Ask yourself, do I really need to be notified by this app? … If the answer is no, which it typically will be, … silence it forever. … If you need help on how to turn off app notifications … for your device, do a quick search online. …
- Explain how social media can be used to improve focus and productivity.
- Define pinning.
- Examine techniques that will prevent reminders from being ignored.
- List three ways to back up data.
- Determine when it is useful to upgrade technology.