- Define learning analytics and describe its utility.
- Describe the current state of analytics in workplace learning.
- List and define basic concepts in big data.
- Identify ethical concerns in learning analytics and describe their importance.
- Describe how best to begin using learning analytics.
- Identify strategies for avoiding pitfalls in the application of learning analytics.
Skill Level Advanced
- One in ten organizations don't make use of the data they collect. Maybe this has something to do with the fact that 51% of L&D professionals said they don't know where to start when it comes to analyzing data for learning purposes. This is a huge miss. With more and more data being available, we need to be able to make sense of that data and use it to improve the learning experience. If you're not using learning analytics, you're missing out. In this course, I'm going to go over some major topics around learning analytics, things like what it is. What's the current landscape? How to make use of big data. What is data ethics, and finally, how do you start implementing and making use of learning analytics? Hi, my name is Stella Lee and for the past 20 years I've been developing e-learning strategies and helping organizations to measure their learning impacts. Learning analytics is going to completely change the way we do learning, so let's get started.