- [Individual] In this video we need some random data … so we can randomize this presentation order … because why? … The students from Alphonse to Yesenia, … they have to give presentations … and if we walk in there and say, … "Hey! Who wants to go first?" … Well you know they going to sit around and turn they heads … and look at each other … and look at us and look back at each other … and nothin's going to happen … and we have to pick anyway. … To randomize this order we're going to Rand Array. … Here we go. … Equals rand array. … How many rows of data do we need? … I'm going to use Count A to count the number of rows. … Count A, open parentheses. … I like this range. … Close parentheses. … Comma, how many columns of data do we need? … We need just one. … Notice in this hint box … all of the formula components are optional. … We don't need all of these … and in this case, … these first two are the only ones we need. … Rows and Columns. … Close parentheses, enter. … Those are the random numbers …
AuthorOz du Soleil
- Working with spills
- Using the UNIQUE function
- Sorting with dynamic arrays
- Comparing SORTBY and SORT
- Unstacking records with SEQUENCE
- Creating intelligent filters
- Randomizing data with RANDARRAY
- Combining dynamic arrays in drop lists and more
Skill Level Advanced
1. What to Know Before Using the New Functions
Warnings to heed6m 19s
Horizontal SORT3m 33s
9. Putting It All Together
10. Challenges and Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.