A purpose-driven team can outperform those without a centered purpose. In this video, find ways to challenge teams as they discover the impact they have.
- When I was doing the research for my book on teams, … I came across this quote by Dr. Paul Zak, … a neuroscientist who studies trust on teams. … He said, "Joy on the job … comes from doing purpose-driven work with a trusted team." … When I read that I had one of those aha moments … where everything became crystal clear. … This is the thing that explains my own professional career, … and why I thrived in some places and struggled in others. … Looking back on it. … I felt most engaged, happiest and productive … when doing purpose-driven work with colleagues I trusted. … According to Aaron Hurst, … the author of "The Purpose Economy". … Purpose lives at the intersection of what gives us meaning … and the impact we want to have. … According to his global study, … 40% of US workers are purpose oriented. … Meaning that it's their primary reason for working. … This doesn't mean that the rest are slackers, … just that they prioritize status or money … as their primary reason for working. … But they still express their sense of purpose …
This course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- How teams are structured today
- Teamwork types
- Promoting psychological safety
- Inclusion matters
- Creating success with local, virtual, and global teams
- Strategies for team leaders