Join John Ullmen for an in-depth discussion in this video Purpose and vision, part of Executive Leadership.
- Purpose and vision apply to all executive leaders … because they answer the critically important why questions … that go to the fundamental motivations … people bring with them, or leave behind, … when they come to work. … Why does this organization exist? … Why is what we're doing worth my effort? … Why will my work make a difference? … Weak answers to these questions … drain motivation and performance. … Effective executives know they must have … excellent answers to those why questions, … because people are driven by the answers, … even if they don't ask the questions out loud. … For any team, business unit, or organization, … setting effective direction … requires a powerful shared purpose … toward a compelling vision of how things will be better. … A shared purpose is a values-driven, integrity-based motive … that people in the organization can rally around … and be proud to champion. … I worked for years with Dr. Mel Hall, … former CEO and chairman of the firm that during his tenure …
- The four disciplines of executive leadership
- Thinking strategically
- Creating shared purpose
- Inspiring confidence—even under pressure
- Motivating and communicating
- Establishing priorities and focus
- Leading change
- Developing yourself
Skill Level Advanced
1. Set a Direction
2. Motivate Commitment
3. Drive for Results
4. Develop Yourself
Leadership with legacy3m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.