Learn the importance of your purpose as it relates to leadership. Simon Sinek explains the power of learning our "why" and letting our deeper motivations inspire us and those around us. Learn to explore your purpose that drives your leadership.
- It's been said that the two most important days … of your life are the day you were born … and the day you find out why. … Most of us want more than money or success, … we want to live with a sense of purpose. … In the journal Research on Organizational Behavior, … Brent Rosso and his co-authors showed that … when we have a sense of purpose, … we perform at higher levels, … have more satisfaction, … and lower stress. … So let's look at the important connection … between purpose and leadership. … We'll discuss ways to find your purpose, … and consider what to do with your purpose … once you find it. … So what application does a sense of purpose have? … When leaders are clear on their purpose, … it's easier to attract excited followers … who feel the same way. … Simon Sinek explains in his book "Start with Why" … that in business, … people don't buy what you do, … they buy why you do it. … For example, … Nike doesn't exist simply … to sell footwear, apparel, and equipment. … Their purpose is much stronger than that: …
- Summarize the advantages of an autocratic leadership style.
- Recognize the disadvantages of a democratic leadership style.
- Identify the characteristics of a servant leader.
- Determine when the inclusive leadership style should be implemented.
- List the five characteristics of authentic leaders.