The key factor in a high-performing team is psychological safety. In this video, learn how to shelter your team and create success.
- Perhaps the biggest aspect of safety in today's workplaces … is what is called psychological safety. … Dr. Amy Edmondson, … a professor at the Harvard Business School … who studies effective teams, coined this term. … She found that across industries, … psychological safety is the key element … that differentiates the highest performing teams … from the rest. … The success of your group and your organization … often depend on people's ability to speak up, … noting potential threats to success. … In fact, in Edmondson's study, … the highest performing teams … also had the highest reporting rates for errors. … This might seem paradoxical, … but it's actually a sign of a very healthy team. … When people feel safe enough to mention their errors, … it means they're also holding themselves accountable. … And the whole group benefits … from learning from the experience. … In addition, when errors are acknowledged, … they can be addressed and fixed, … rather than ignored to fester into bigger problems later. …
This course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- How teams are structured today
- Teamwork types
- Promoting psychological safety
- Inclusion matters
- Creating success with local, virtual, and global teams
- Strategies for team leaders