With a lack of information, individuals and teams will fill in the gap with worst-case scenarios. In this video, learn how to better communicate with your team and provide regular updates.
- One of the things that we have found over the years … in working with a variety of groups … that have experienced a wide range of adversity … is that people need information. … And, unfortunately, in times of great crisis … sometimes there's not a lot of information available … or not a lot of information available right up front. … Your organization still needs information … otherwise your people's imaginations will run wild … and you'll see rumors crop up … and people just getting more and more anxious. … So, even when you don't have a lot of information … continue as an organization to provide your people … with some statement. … It can be what you're working on, … how you're working on getting information, … what groups you're working on getting information from. … Even if you don't have something explicit to say … you can at least talk about how the process is going … and you'll find that that really eases anxiety … within your organization. … …
This course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- Adopting an approach to manage uncertainty
- Identifying resistance to change
- Developing tools for self-care
- Distinguishing fact from fiction
- Building decision-making skills
- Identifying how stress is handled
- Developing methods for communication
- Finding a new rhythm
- Evaluating personal finances
- Gaining new perspectives
Skill Level Intermediate
Lessons in Enlightened Leadershipwith genConnectU56m 50s Intermediate
1. Embracing the Change Around You
2. Understanding What Is Going On
The historical context1m 58s
3. Managing Stress
4. Evaluating the Financial Impact
5. Adjusting Your Approach
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.