How do you have a successful video conference? Explore some valuable tips here.
- When you work from home, … you need to be mindful of proper phone manner, … email etiquette, and certainly, video conferencing. … So what we're going to talk about in this lesson … is what you need to know so that you're not that person … that everybody's talking about, … overhearing yelling at your kid during the last meeting. … Now, when it comes to phone manners when working from home, … the same rules that you used in your office … really do still apply working from home. … No one wants to hear you typing during a conference call … and no one wants to overhear you … going to the bathroom either. … So get in the habit of immediately putting yourself on mute … unless you are the person presenting. … But you also don't want to check out … if you put yourself on mute. … If someone asks you a question, you need to quickly be able … to get it off mute and answer. … The other thing you want to think about is … if it's your turn to schedule a call, … be empathetic and mindful of your coworkers or your workers, …
This course was created by genconnectU. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Setting up a great workspace
- Keeping a routine
- Using video chat
- Scheduling breaks
- Professional video conferencing
- Communicating with etiquette and care
- Staying focused
- Setting boundaries
- Working from home with kids
- Working from home as a manager
Skill Level Beginner
Time Management: Working from Homewith Dave Crenshaw1h 25m Intermediate
Establishing Work from Home Policieswith Mike Gutman28m 3s Intermediate
1. What You Need
Getting the proper equipment2m 45s
2. Starting Your Day and Scheduling
3. Professionalism, Etiquette, and Communication Online
4. Healthy Practices for Staying Focused
5. Working from Home with Kids
6. Working-from-Home Tips for Managers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.