Enhance team collaboration by managing time more effectively. Get tips for making meetings more meaningful, reducing interruptions, and helping others boost their own productivity.
- Teamwork and time management go hand in hand. When every member of the team practices effective time management, it's easy to get the results that you want. On the other hand, the entire team suffers when individuals struggle with their use of time. Hi, I'm Dave Crenshaw, and in this course we'll explore ways to improve the time management of a team. In training people in organizations of every size from Fortune 500 companies to freelancers, I've discovered techniques team members can use to help each other be more productive. Often it comes down to the way that we communicate with each other and hold each other accountable. We'll discuss a variety of ways to make meetings more productive, such as by having an action at the end of every meeting, and reducing quick questions by holding effective meetings. We'll also talk about how to coordinate deadlines with coworkers, how to follow up on tasks that are delegated to others, and how to help team members who are struggling with time management principles. Our goal in this tips course is to give you tools that you can use to help yourself, not only be a more effective team member, but to help others develop a more productive mindset as well. Let's begin.
- Identify the end goal of a one-on-one meeting.
- Explain how to follow up after delegating a task to a team member.
- Recall one question you can ask to reduce unnecessary meetings.
- Identify the best way to approach a situation where a coworker is disorganized and struggles with time management.
- Give an example of advice you could offer a new manager concerning time management.