Learn what the project manager's role is in procurement. Start by familiarizing yourself with how it works, what you can do to leverage procurement, and see the big picture.
- Picture this, you're in the process … of planning your project, when you realize you don't have … all of the resources you need to complete it. … So what do you do? … Well, it might look something like this. … First, you'll want to figure out … what you need for the project. … Then you can share the criteria with your contract team. … Next, they'll identify a list of potential vendors, … and you'll have an opportunity … to let them know which one you prefer. … Once the contract team selects the winning vendor, … you'll then need to work with them to complete your project. … In general, this scenario holds true … for both large and small projects. … However, there are nuances you should be aware of. … For example, on large projects, … you'll most likely work with your contract team … to acquire the goods and services you need. … In this case, you would manage project performance … while your contract team manages … all aspects of the contract. … However, on smaller projects, … you might play a more active role …
- Defining procurement management
- Identifying the project manager’s role
- Tailoring procurement techniques for your organization
- Dealing with conflicts of interest
- Controlling procurements
- Implementing procurements in six stages
- Rapid procurement
- Reverse auctions
Skill Level Intermediate
Project Management Foundations: Integrationwith Oliver Yarbrough44m 25s Intermediate
Project Management Foundations: Scheduleswith Bonnie Biafore2h 7m Intermediate
Project Management Foundationswith Bonnie Biafore3h 20m Beginner
What to know before watching1m 27s
1. Procurement Management Overview
2. Common Procurement Pitfalls
3. Critical Procurement Success Factors
4. Procurement Management Processes
5. How to Implement Procurements
6. Emerging Trends: Project Procurement Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.