Note: This course follows the latest guidance from Project Management Institute, Inc., as outlined the PMBOK® 6 Guide.
- Explore why dealing with risks needs to be part of the everyday process used to manage a project.
- Learn to outline the most common, pragmatic approaches to identifying risks specific to a project.
- Recall methods for qualifying and quantifying your risks to determine specific risks and manage their costs.
- Examine the primary considerations for a project risk plan and what components should be included in every plan.
- Assess techniques that help you identify the overall risk a project presents to your business.
- Examine several risk analysis and filtering examples that help ensure you've addressed individual risks properly on your project.
Skill Level Intermediate
- Project risk is a beast you must tame. Untreated risk has killed way too many projects. While project management is overhead, the reason organizations tolerate that overhead is because projects bring risks. If there wasn't risks, we wouldn't need project management. Hi, I'm Bob McGannon and this is project management foundations risk. One of the 10 knowledge areas in the project management body of knowledge.
In my 30 years of delivering projects on three continents, I've learned that successfully dealing with risks is the difference between succeeding and failing as a project manager. In this course, I'll provide approaches to help ensure you understand risks and I'll help you be prepared for risks to occur and to deal with them swiftly and effectively. Identifying risks. Anticipating risk impacts. Having response plans in place. And ensuring your project management plans are aligned to handle risks are critical.
So, let's get started and slay the beast that is risk on your project.