- Describe how to appropriately manage requirements.
- Differentiate between plans intended to draw requirements from stakeholders and keep stakeholders engaged.
- Define terms used in stakeholder analysis.
- Identify the 10 attributes of project requirements.
- Review the appropriate methods for determining project requirements priorities.
Skill Level Beginner
(ominous music) - A lot of professionals get uptight when they hear the phrase, (thunder booming) project requirements. But not me, and you shouldn't either, because we deal with project requirements everyday. Just think about making dinner plans with your friends. You need to figure out when everybody's available and what they like to eat. Then you need to figure out what restaurants are nearby and if you need to make a reservation. Miss any of those details and it could ruin your whole dinner. Well that's an example of managing project requirements. In simple terms project requirements are how we determine what the business needs and set our project's goals. In order to be successful we need to be thorough and consistent. So let's start with a look at how good requirements can help and then we'll walk through a 10 step process that you can use to manage the requirements for any project.