Explore what a vision statement is and its role in the program. Also, learn how to develop a vision statement and discover some tips to ensure you get it right.
- Having a clear vision statement is essential … to help everyone understand the desired end goal … of the program. … It's a powerful communication tool … that can generate engagement and commitment … by all stakeholders. … One of the best descriptions I've ever heard … of a vision statement … is that it's a postcard from the future. … It describes a future so compelling … that stakeholders feel they want to take the journey … to get there. … It should engage both the heart and the mind. … So let's take a look at how a vision statement is created … and who should be involved. … It's important to define the vision … and start engaging with stakeholders as soon as possible. … Most of the time this is done in a visioning workshop … hosted by the Senior Responsible Owner … and Business Change Managers. … As an exercise in imagination … the group will first look around the organization … as it is today … to understand the current state without the change program. … Then next, they will step into the future …
- Recognize three elements of a program.
- Recall the information provided by the target operating model (TOM).
- Identify the phase in which the program business case is reviewed.
- Name the major factor used to decide what constitutes each phase in a program.
- Summarize the role of a project manager.
- Detail the responsibilities of the sponsoring group.
- Explain what the completion of the post-transition activities provides for a program.