- Explain how social media can be used to improve focus and productivity.
- Define pinning.
- Examine techniques that will prevent reminders from being ignored.
- List three ways to back up data.
- Determine when it is useful to upgrade technology.
Skill Level Beginner
- Technology is amazing, isn't it? Every advancement gives us an opportunity to be more productive. So why is it that sometimes technology becomes a distraction rather than a help? Hi, I'm Dave Crenshaw, and in this course we'll explore ways to leverage technology so you become more productive. In training people in organizations of every size, from Fortune 500 companies to freelancers, I've discovered why some people are so effective at using technology to be productive, while others seem to be slowed down by changes and advancements. Often it comes down to small decisions we make every day. We'll discuss how to become more comfortable with technology as well as creating boundaries for its use. We'll look at how to use various tools more effectively, such as your web browser, note-taking apps, and video conferencing. We'll also explore how you can improve your focus and reduce the number of interruptions that technology creates in your day. Our goal in this course is to help those who are uncomfortable with technology make it their productive ally, and for those who already have familiarity, to uncover a few simple tricks to squeeze some extra hours out of their work week. Let's begin!