Learn how to create secure and productive passwords so this process isn't complicated and time consuming.
- Passwords are can be a challenge to productivity. … Productivity and security are often at odds with each other. … The more secure things become, … the longer they take to complete. … The easier we make things and the less secure they are. … So where's the balance? … First, I want to say that my tips … are coming from the productivity perspective. … And what I offer you may be at odds … with what your IT department wants of you. … You'll need to use your best judgment … when using these basic tips. … First, when possible, use passwords … that are complex phrases of words strung together. … Not only are these easier to remember, … but they are often more secure … because they are longer and unusual. … Aim for passwords that are around 16 characters or more. … Some sites will require special characters and numbers, … so just do the best you can with this. … Next, make sure that you use different passwords … for each website you access. … Sometimes people get in the habit … of using one password for every site. …
- Explain how social media can be used to improve focus and productivity.
- Define pinning.
- Examine techniques that will prevent reminders from being ignored.
- List three ways to back up data.
- Determine when it is useful to upgrade technology.