Find out how to solicit procurements by getting the word out to as many potential vendors as possible, properly structuring your RFP, and reviewing them.
- Plan your work, and work your plan. … That's what I heard as a kid. … Well, the same thing applies to procurements. … Now that you've done your research … and planned your procurements, … it's time to reach out to vendors … and work your plan. … That's what procurement solicitation is all about, … getting responses. … So let's get down to business. … Here are some of the steps you need to take. … Assuming you're looking to make large purchases, … you'll want to get the word out … to as many vendors as possible. … This way, you're more likely to increase … the number of responses you get, … and ultimately be able to select … from a number of proposals at competitive prices. … For example, you could post notices on your website, … advertise in newspapers, and even email vendors. … At a minimum, a public notice should include … a brief description of the goods and services … you're looking to buy, when and where the solicitation … will be available, along with contact information, … the deadline for responses to be submitted. …
- Describe the procurement manager’s role in the procurement process.
- Explore the essentials of good communication with vendors.
- Examine the steps in a contract change control system.
- Identify risks that might arise in a project.
- Define the purpose of a closeout meeting.
Skill Level Intermediate
Project Management Foundations: Integrationwith Oliver Yarbrough44m 25s Intermediate
Project Management Foundations: Scheduleswith Bonnie Biafore2h 7m Intermediate
Project Management Foundationswith Bonnie Biafore3h 20m Beginner
What to know before watching1m 27s
1. Procurement Management Overview
2. Common Procurement Pitfalls
3. Critical Procurement Success Factors
4. Procurement Management Processes
5. How to Implement Procurements
6. Emerging Trends: Project Procurement Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.